When the work pressure is greatest, escapism becomes even more powerful. Sadly, a healthy and hard-working life is not necessarily a guarantee for a long life - I heard today about someone I know who was diagnosed with cancer. This made me aware (as if I needed to be) how important it is to be as hedonistic as possible. So, what I did was, I went to get my hair cut and coloured, in the Klartext training salon, in Bine's School. They also dyed my lashes and my eyebrows, and while I was being coloured, the hairdressing student gave me a hand massage. I realized once more that I could quite easily settle into a life of being stupid and pampered, where I never read a newspaper again, only Hello! magazine, and spend my day doing nice things, instead of worrying about how sick the world is. Since I will never be rich and pampered, I have long ago joined the LOVOS - people practising a "lifestyle of voluntary simplicity". I think we probably invented LOVOS. Now, this is the kind of stuff that I research for a living, and I concluded quite happily that LOVOS are, on the whole, of no interest whatever for marketing purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fade Nocken und Trümmer Knödel

Kartoffelige Variationen zur Waffel

Ein schöner Tag