Campaign for realistic food

Zucchini quiche
I find some of the new food photography from those super-food-blogs and also in flickr a little too standard pretty, too fussy, too folksy. I quite like pictures that show "realistic food", that anyone can cook. Naturally, there is also a type of food photography that turns food into something else, into art, like Cesca's breakfasts.
What I don't like is the little bows, the uselessly added ornaments, the decorative containers you would never normally use: to quote Adolf Loos "ornament is crime".

But I am, of course, also a little jealous of fotos that are perfectly styled, with perfect depth of field, perfect everything, something I haven't learnt just yet. And my food somehow never turns out like those lovely bokeh-ed dreams from blogs like La Tartine Gourmande, or deliciousdays (see in my links).
chocolate coated shortbread



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fade Nocken und Trümmer Knödel

Kartoffelige Variationen zur Waffel

Ein schöner Tag