Pfiati god scheene Gegend

Also doch Party! Ich fahre kurz nach London, weil meine Freundin Debbie einen größeren Geburtstag hat...

Lola sent me this poem by Wendy Cope. It describes us both I suppose:

If you ask me 'What's new?', I have nothing to say
Except that the garden is growing.
I had a slight cold but it's better today.
I'm content with the way things are going.
Yes, he is the same as he usually is,
Still eating and sleeping and snoring.
I get on with my work. He gets on with his.
I know this is all very boring.

There was drama enough in my turbulent past:
Tears and passion-I've used up a tankful.
No news is good news, and long may it last,
If nothing much happens, I'm thankful.
A happier cabbage you never did see,
My vegetable spirits are soaring.
If you're after excitement, steer well clear of me.
I want to go on being boring.

I don't go to parties. Well, what are they for,
If you don't need to find a new lover?
You drink and you listen and drink a bit more
And you take the next day to recover.
Someone to stay home with was all my desire
And, now that I've found a safe mooring,
I've just one ambition in life: I aspire
To go on and on being boring.

I am going to a party, though.
It's Debbie's ****th, and we are going to go a'roving a bit, I think.

Comments

  1. Toll... auf nach London! Eine Geburtstagsparty ist ein schöner Grund. Viel Spaß. Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a nice party
    best wishes to debbie
    there is enough time for being boring afterwards
    wonderfull poem
    when did she met me? giggle
    birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Na dann - kann die "Fotostrecke Kürbissuppe" ja noch ein bisschen warten ^^ .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viel Freude, liebe Ilse!!
    Laß es Dir gut gehen.
    Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Byron quote, one of his best poems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das Gedicht kann ich so gut nachvollziehen und es gefällt mir.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment