Wieder in Wien



 

Ich war mal wieder in Wien. Es braucht eigentlich keinen Anlass, aber der Anlass war da. Eine Blogfreundin aus San Francisco kommt nach Wien und fragt, ob ich vielleicht...

Schon sitze ich in der fabelhaften Westbahn. 

****

I visited Vienna again. There is no real need for a reason to visit, but there was an opportunity to meet up with a long-term blogger friend from San Francisco. So, off I went by train, so comfortable.

 

The hotel I had booked in for the first couple of nights was a disappointment. I mean, look at this "back garden"...

  

I'm refraining from "naming and shaming", the place was comfortable enough. But this melancholy café was all I got of the promised "lively trendy neighbourhood".

 

Zum Glück durfte ich umziehen in die entzückende Wohnung meiner Wiener Freundin.

***

Luckily, I was invited to stay in the charming flat of my viennese friend

The meeting with Pradnya and her husband was delightful, we had so much to chat and laugh about.
My Viennese friend B. joined us to complete a trio of social media created friendships.
 
Natürlich Schnitzel - what else, for me
Eine bonbon-rosa Einstimmung auf den Film  *** pink-tinted cafés to get me in the mood for
BARBIE! Such fun.
 Wien ist möglicherweise die einzige Stadt, die ein Recyclingcentre hat, das von einem Künstler gestaltet worden ist
The rubbish disposal centre in Vienna, uniquely in the world I think, was designed by Austrian multi-talented artist, Friedensreich Hundertwasser
Und die Putzerei / Reinigung befindet sich in einem Palast 
***
And this is what a dry-cleaner's looks like in Vienna
In der Mariahilferstraße kann man noch Besen und Schaufel kaufen
***
In the main shopping street, a little shop selling brooms and such, is hiding among the usual high street brands
Am Himmel - close to the sky - when you take the lift at the back of Leopoldmuseum in the Museum Quarter
Und so schaut's von oben aus.- Am Himmel. Danke liebe B. for taking me there!
***
This is one of the views from the top

Comments

  1. Ja, schon schön, unser Wien, ich lieb's! Und ein bisserl tust du ja schon dem Hinterhofgärtchen unrecht, da wären viele froh, sowas zu haben... Allerdings kommt es farblich natürlich nicht an die quietschrosa Aida-Konditorei ran :-) Und sofort entdeckt: die Schokolade am Couchtischerl, hihi.... Liebe Grüße von Bettina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also lustig, dass gerade du diesen kleinen Gefängnishof so verteidigst!

      Delete
    2. Oh wie interessant, wollte schon immer mal wieder nach Wien. Bin in München, geht das ohne umsteigen mit der Westbahn?

      Delete
    3. Ja, kein umsteigen, das ist ja das Schöne an der neuen Verbindung! Und automatische Platzzuteilung. Binbegeistert.

      Delete
  2. Oh how late I have been with my comment! Last week was a blur with jetlag. It was so lovely to meet you in person and B. It still seems unreal! We had a wonderful evening too, and we had so much to talk, that I do regret not taking enough photos. Lots of love and hugs to you. Till we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late! I assume you’d be recovering. See you again, in another country! 🥰

      Delete
    2. It was great meeting you too! And instead of photos we have the memory of a lovely evening! B.

      Delete

Post a Comment